[Digikam-devel] Selecting fields of metadata

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 14:58:53 BST 2009

2009/7/18 Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>:
> Amazing feature :) Thanks Gilles!
>
> Few questions:
>
> 1. I have latest exiv2 (svn ver. 1862) with latest additions of IPTC Ext and
> PLUS namespaces and I don't see them in list of XMP tags - recompiled kexiv2
> and digikam also. Leftovers from older compilations? Note: generally I am on
> 4.3 branch but switched only kdegrahics/libs to trunk and compiles OK (with
> including of new feature in digiKam).

Because, _only_ with XMP, the list of namespace are not provided by
EXIV2. I need to know which namespace i want to list exactly.

http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdegraphics/libs/libkexiv2/libkexiv2/kexiv2xmp.cpp#936

Note : if i query for an XMP namespace that exiv2 don't know (for ex.
IPTC Ext with Exiv2 0.18.2), we have an assertion and digiKam crash...

In fact, a method is missing in Exiv2 to get list of know XMP namespace...

I think that a new bug must be filled in Exiv2 bugzilla about this subject...

> 2. Default selection of tags should be immediately visible - now proper
> checkboxes are selected only after clicking Default button.

ok.

> 3. In Makernote tags I see only header of Sony at last position - no tags.

Me too. It's because all tags are not referenced with a proper titile.
typically all tags are unknow with no title. Only tags id in hexa is
available. In code i ignore all unknow tags.

> 4. Would be great if filtering would work also for headers. Example: when I
> enter in filter field "dublin" (XMP) everything collapses because there is no
> tag which contain that string. It would be great if digiKam filter tags like
> hierarchy with taking headers into account. When I enter "dublin" I will see
> all tags from "Dublin Core".

Ok

> 5. Probably controversial one: when I select tags I'd like to view them always
> - even when proper fields are empty for example to control *if* they are
> empty. I understand this creates some problem with difference between empty
> and non-existinng field and later management of them. Maybe names of non-
> existing fields should be written in italics?

Possible. I will take a look