[Digikam-devel] Selecting fields of metadata

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sat Jul 18 13:21:31 BST 2009

Amazing feature :) Thanks Gilles!

Few questions:

1. I have latest exiv2 (svn ver. 1862) with latest additions of IPTC Ext and
PLUS namespaces and I don't see them in list of XMP tags - recompiled kexiv2
and digikam also. Leftovers from older compilations? Note: generally I am on
4.3 branch but switched only kdegrahics/libs to trunk and compiles OK (with
including of new feature in digiKam).

2. Default selection of tags should be immediately visible - now proper
checkboxes are selected only after clicking Default button.

3. In Makernote tags I see only header of Sony at last position - no tags.

4. Would be great if filtering would work also for headers. Example: when I
enter in filter field "dublin" (XMP) everything collapses because there is no
tag which contain that string. It would be great if digiKam filter tags like
hierarchy with taking headers into account. When I enter "dublin" I will see
all tags from "Dublin Core".

5. Probably controversial one: when I select tags I'd like to view them always
- even when proper fields are empty for example to control *if* they are
empty. I understand this creates some problem with difference between empty
and non-existinng field and later management of them. Maybe names of non-
existing fields should be written in italics?

Thanks again,

m.