[Digikam-devel] Crash Report/Database Corruption/Bug?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Jul 6 16:23:14 BST 2009

> Hi,
>
> I got this message the last time I started DigiKam:
> > The schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed, caused by an
> > error that we did not expect. You can try to discard your old database
> > and start with an empty one. (In this case, please move the database
> > files "digikam3.db" and "digikam4.db" from the directory
> > "/media/EHMedia1/photos"). More probably you will want to report this
> > error to the digikam-devel at kde.org mailing list. As well, please have
> > a look at what digiKam prints on the console.
>
> I'm reporting it as it suggested but would also appreciate any help - I
> can't access my database now and really need to! Can't figure out how to
> even see my photos in the application any more. Nothing special about
> the way I started it, same as always - can't see what the anomaly was.

Which version of digikam are you using?
Which version were you using previously? Any non-standard collection location
for you (network file systems, symlinks?)

Assuming you were running 0.9.x, you want to keep digikam3.db and discard a
newly created digikam4.db file to try upgrading again.

> Also, I'm not sure how to grab what digiKam prints on the console -
> otherwise I would have included that. Can you provide instructions on
> how to find that?

Run "kdebugdialog", enable the code 50003.
Open a console. Run
digikam 2> console.log
You got the printout in "console.log"

Marcel