[Digikam-devel] Crash Report/Database Corruption/Bug?

Erland Howden erlandhowden at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 21:28:17 BST 2009

Hi,

I got this message the last time I started DigiKam:
> The schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed, caused by an
> error that we did not expect. You can try to discard your old database
> and start with an empty one. (In this case, please move the database
> files "digikam3.db" and "digikam4.db" from the directory
> "/media/EHMedia1/photos"). More probably you will want to report this
> error to the digikam-devel at kde.org mailing list. As well, please have
> a look at what digiKam prints on the console.
I'm reporting it as it suggested but would also appreciate any help - I
can't access my database now and really need to! Can't figure out how to
even see my photos in the application any more. Nothing special about
the way I started it, same as always - can't see what the anomaly was.

Also, I'm not sure how to grab what digiKam prints on the console -
otherwise I would have included that. Can you provide instructions on
how to find that?

Cheers,
Erland.