[Digikam-devel] String freeze tomorrow

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sun Jan 25 16:01:32 GMT 2009

I just added some more code to the removeredeyes plugin, but now I will not be
able to commit it for 2 months, because it contains new  and altered strings.
I still don't understand why trunk is not trunk in our case.

trunk = newest, unstable code

I mean why not just create a branch for 0.10-rc1 and do bugfixes in there?
And merge them into trunk later on. Is KDE working like this, too?
I can not imagine they don't commit for months into trunk. Maybe I'm seeing
things wrong, but for me this is very contra-productive.

I will need to keep changes in my local GIT branch for now...

Andi