[Digikam-devel] Fwd: LibRaw 0.7.0-Alpha-0

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 08:19:46 GMT 2009

I forward Alex response here...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alex Tutubalin <lexa at lexa.ru>
Date: 2009/1/6
Subject: Re: LibRaw 0.7.0-Alpha-0
To: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>

Gilles Caulier wrote:

> It's very interresting. i will backport code to KDE tomorow. Today ay noon,
> KDE code is branched (KDE4.2) and trunk become KDE 4.3 developement branch.
> It perfect to put alpha code and start new test.

OK. I hope, I will add dark frame reading code for most cameras (surely
excluding Foveon, may be
excluding Canon sRAW and Fuji rotated raw for now).

Anyway, this is for developers only: one may develop better black level
subtraction/noise filtering/whatever
for particular camera, but no such code exists now.

 Raw decoding Configuration panel need to be adapted of course...

Don't think so (for now). 'FILTERING_AUTOMATIC' is best possible option for
image processing.

May be, this setting will be extended in future: if concurrent 'plugins'
will appear, than user may have
to select one of them.

Also, filtering plugins can be added at application layer:
 - turn filtering off (filtering_mode=FILTERING_NONE)
 - process raw data after unpack_file(), but before dcraw_process()

 I CC digikam-devel mailing list for info. Perhaps some people will ask you
> some questions. I will forward responses.

I think, it is better for me to subscribe directly. Just sent subscription
request on lists.sourceforge

--
Alex

Web: http://blog.lexa.ru