[Digikam-devel] Shortcut problem in KDE 4.2

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sun Jan 4 13:59:49 GMT 2009

CTRL+A is defined in CameraUI as well, but this shouldn't be the conflict,
since they are two individual windows (you also have different shortcut
editor dialogs, so I guess this is not the problem here).

Let me make it more clear: When NOT!!!! clicking into album icon view, I get
this warning dialog. If I click in album iconview, it is not complaining
anymore.
If I click in folderview now, it still does not complain and will select all
icons in album iconview.

Maybe there is really a global shortcut running nuts? I have not defined such
a shortcut, I am pretty sure.
Pressing CTRL+A while the desktop is focused results in no action, at least no
visible action, so no clue what could be assigned as a global shortcut here.

This issue is hard to track down. Normally when defining your own shortcuts,
you get a warning if the new shortcut is already assigned, but when I assign
CTRL+A manually, I don't get such a warning.

Strange!

Can anyone confirm this (who is running KDE 4.2)?

To reproduce:

1. start digiKam
2. DON'T!!!!! click into album iconview
3. press CTRL+A