[Digikam-devel] qt 4.5, raster and digikam

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Feb 9 21:35:43 GMT 2009

Hello,

Quick tip for all digiKam users and developers.

Compiled new Qt4.5rc1 (from qt-copy) with raster option, recompiled whole KDE
and it *flies*.

Downsides: lost all OpenGL goodies, excessive blinking in windows decorations
(once again I am blaming Oxygen, have to try other themes). But, guys, it
*flies*. Some things are finally usable. Eg. kdiamond was totally non-
playable, other SVG based apps also were barely working.

I don't know why but apart from SVG programs speed improvement is especially
visible in digiKam. So, maybe recompiling whole environment for is bit too
drastic I encourage all Qt4.5 users to play with

digikam --graphicssystem raster

m.