[Digikam-devel] Slideshow actions in digiKam and KIPI

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Wed Feb 4 13:06:49 GMT 2009

Hi,

while looking through the actions in the shortcut editor of digiKam, I
recognized that the slideshow actions might be a little bit confusing.

For example the KIPI slideshow is listed under "Slideshow" in digiKam,
although it should actually be called "Advanced Slideshow", since "Slideshow"
is the built-in mechanism in digiKam.

On the other side the slideshow actions are simply listed in General, which
makes it hard to associate the actions name with the slideshow feature.
For example "All" or "Selection" is not very meaningful in this case, it could
be anything.
See my attached screenshot.

I would suggest to rename the plugin to "Advanced Slideshow" and give the
built-in slideshow actions a dedicated actionCollection,
What do you think?

There is one more thing that is making the shortcut editor not very readable:
Every single KIPI-Plugin has it's own actionCollection, but normally there is
only one action registered.
For my personal taste I would like to have just one actionCollection "KIPI-
Plugins" that will host all the other actions.
This way you simply can collapse the KIPI-plugins category in the editor and
see the digiKam actions. Right now you have to scroll down until you find
"General" somewhere.
Any suggestions on that?

Andi