[Digikam-devel] Warning : digiKam 1.1.0 planed at 31/01/2010

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Dec 22 18:09:24 GMT 2009

> Hi all,
>
> Just to said that i plan to release digiKam with a short time now, as
> kipi-plugins, without beta release between, if you is agree of course.
>
> I won't to wait one year to see 1.1 (:=)))
>
> I'm sure that a lots regressions will be found in 1.0 when it will
> used in production.
>
> So, for bug fix all is fine for me.
>
> To introduce new big features or big commits, you must be sure that
> nothing important is really broken.
>
> If you is not sure, please ask in this room to introduce a new _short_
> beta cycle, at least with one beta only.
>
> But please, i would not to move a lots 1.1.0 dead line. We need to see
> 1.x stable in a short time. It's important.

That's a clear decision, I agree to have a bugfix release shortly after the
1.0 release.

I'm still not happy with the feature branch situation currently. Of course,
none of the three feature branches under work currently will be integrated in
1.1 within a month. I expect them to have a timeframe of about six months to
come to a stable and well tested result.

We can continue to concentrate with bug fixing for a month now and work in the
branches, but at some point in time (February?) we should start merging them
to trunk and begin a round of feature development again.

I dont like the idea to have three separate branches around with massive
restructuring. Merging will be no fun. I also have a few more problems on my
list which will require not extensive but in-depth changes.