[Digikam-devel] Thinking about First Run Assistant

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:11:55 BST 2009

Hi all,

It's holidays time for me, for one week.

I will study to implement a new Assistant to setup digiKam at the
first time. The current dialog which appears in this case is just to
setup Collection.

It's not enough. We must ask to users if he is a pro-photographers or
just beginner and setup the rest of digiKam accordingly. Example, a
pro would to use RawImport tool and save digiKam metadata into images.

There are both place where setup is called at first run :

http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam/albummanager.cpp#674

http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam/main.cpp#130

The second one sound like obsolete now. Right Marcel ?

Risto, i would to set few decorative designs in First Run Assistant.
If you have already many images to welcome users in each setup pages,
it will be great.

Best

Gilles Caulier

Risto,