[Digikam-devel] digiKam and Showfoto 0.11 splash-screen contest : time to choose !

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 09:35:27 BST 2009

2009/4/12 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:
> 2009/4/12 Andi Clemens <andi.clemens at gmx.net>:

>>> Colors and readability are fine, but there is no lead subject (as
>>> insect, or water drop for ex.)
>>
>> The older splashscreen didn't have a lead object sometimes.
>> I just choose images from this blog entry because I thought any of these would
>> be ok (they have already been filtered)...
>>
>> But still I guess the peacock one needs some black, transparent bar behind the
>> status messages, otherwise it would be really hard to read. I had this with
>> the 0.9.4 splash (the one with the canyon), on my laptop the font was nearly
>> invisible because the sky was quite white.
>>

> Hum, well i will make to flickr some splash with logo using my
> prefered shots to give more visual and final results.
>
> Gilles

I start to make formated splash. If you want to add any items, let's go.

1/ in gimp, fix the photo if necessary. Save has PNG.
2/ In Inkscape, load svgz splash from svn.
3/ In Inkscape, import your PNG image
4/ In Inkscape, compose the splash and export it as PNG
5/ Upload to flickr in digikam-splash group
6/ Add reduced Flickr preview to my comments:

http://www.digikam.org/node/438#comment-18431