[Digikam-devel] KDE Code sprint Call for registration

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 15 13:32:46 BST 2008

Angelo Naselli wrote:
> A little addendum from Aaron:
> giovedì 11 settembre 2008 alle 16:50, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
>> it's usually only the
>> accomodation that is handled by the local organizer, since that usually
>> is done locally and at one place.
> [...]
>> travel budget approval is always done on estimates; and unless someone really
>> screws up, those estimates are usually pretty close.
>>
>> you can (and should) ask the attendees to let you know what the aproximate
>> cost of getting to the event will be for them. this is easy information for
>> each individual to get, and most will already know it.
>
> Thanks to all for that,

According to my current checks via skyscanner, the best combination of
travel time vs price is:

Edin Thu 30 Oct 12:10 -> CDG -> GOA 17:50

And back:
Genoa Mon 03 Oct 13:30 -> CDG -> EDI 21:30

This gives the three full days there.

The cost is £258.20 which ~= €325

I can do it marginally cheaper, but it's pretty awkward on the travel
front (e.g. requires being in London at 4am etc.)

This does mean that accommodation would be needed for 4 nights.

Let me know if I can do anything else.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie