[Digikam-devel] Fwd: [Kde-imaging] KDE code sprint for kde-imaging and digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 21:50:52 BST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>
Date: 2008/9/6
Subject: Re: [Kde-imaging] KDE code sprint for kde-imaging and digikam
To: kde-imaging at kde.org

On Saturday 06 September 2008, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> sabato 06 settembre 2008, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> > On Saturday 06 September 2008, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > for that to happen, however, a proposal with details needs to be sent to
> > kde- ev-board at kde dot org so the board can approve the request
> > properly.
> >
> > i already spoke to Gilles about this on irc the other day =)
>
> eh eh, yes he told me that yestarday, but i have another thing to ask you
> for anyway :) Should the proposal contains the accomodation prize? because
> again i should know how many and when tp find the hotels or any other
> solution....

yes,the proposal should contain enough information for us (you and the e.V.)
to put together a budget for the event. usually that includes:

* the location for the event

* who is coming, and from where they will be coming from (travel is often a
large component of the expenses)

* the accomodations and their cost

* other costs that might need to be covered

note that we usually don't cover food and drink =)

> > > Gilles told me about some of them:
> >
> > sounds great; will there be others there as well, such as perhaps
someone
> > from gwenview? krita?
>
> Well i do hope Aurelien will join us either for kipi-plugins or for
> gwenview.

that would be great.

oh, one other thing we like to see on the attendee list is some new
contributors. we (the e.V. board) see developer sprints as a way to also
introduce new blood into existing projects. we don't want sprints to become
sort of "old boys club" either. so we usually look for new faces in the
crowd
at these events. usually this isn't a problem for projects, but something
they
sometimes overlook at first.

a "new person" might be someone who start contributing to the project in the
last year or so or someone who has perhaps been around long than a year but
never been to a face-to-face event with others in the project.

finally, the proposal doesn't need to be long and fancy. in fact, for the
e.V.
board's sake we prefer short and to the point. a simple email with all the
relevant facts is usually enough =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se