[Digikam-devel] new digikam-0.9.x release?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Oct 18 13:59:09 BST 2008

> Right. Of course, current implementation for KDE3 from svn (next 0.9.5) fix
> this problem already.
>
> But i'm shared between to continue to maintain KDE3 version and to work
> only on KDE4... This require a lots of time.
>
> Make KDE3 version compilable with libkdcraw 0.1.6 is important. Perhaps
> packagers can only apply your patch as well against 0.9.4, for the moment ?
> Achim and other, please let's me hear...
>
> >From developpers point, of course there are a lots of new stuff
> > implemented
>
> in 0.9.3, backported from KDE4. So the question is 0.9.5 or not ? Andi,
> Marcel ?

For many months I have been working almost exclusively on the KDE4 version,
but you have invested a lot of work to add new features to 0.9.4 as well, so
you will want this work to pay off as well. My question is how much work is
required for a next 0.9.5 version, or, said more directly, what open ends
would keep you from releasing 0.9.5 tomorrow (in theory, I mean).