[Digikam-devel] digikam, KDE-4.1

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon Oct 6 16:29:06 BST 2008

venerdì 03 ottobre 2008 alle 18:45, Rex Dieter ha scritto:
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
> > well, i have prepared libkdcraw code in KDE 4.1 branch to be able to
> > compile digiKam with KDE 4.1... but Aaron Segio has reverted my changes.
> > The binary compatibility in KDE 4.1 must be unchanged... So no way...
>
> OK, I'm in a bind.
>
> For fedora 10, I'd been planning on shipping kde4 versions of kipi-related apps, including: digikam, kipi-plugins, kphotoalbum
>
> As had been previously suggested, we could backport libkexiv2, libkdcraw from trunk.
>
> I'm open to suggestions and recommendations.  What would you prefer we shipped?
Well I wonder if those changes could be postponned to
digikam 0.10.1, leaving them on trunk. But i'm not a real digikam developer (and a little
bit out of kipi-plugins by now) so maybe it's late anyway.

During the next code sprint we should talk about abi problems and how to avoid abi breakage
in future for kde stable...

> p.s.  perhaps I should have spoken up earlier and louder.  It was arguable to justify an exception for the abi break in kdegraphics-4.1.2
Don't know, for sure even if mandriva has backported those changes from previous kde 4.1.2 branch
it will be a problem as soon as kde team upgrade to kde 4.1.2, since they are not in any more...
The problem is open anyway...

Angelo