[Digikam-devel] digikam, KDE-4.1

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Oct 3 17:45:37 BST 2008

Gilles Caulier wrote:

> well, i have prepared libkdcraw code in KDE 4.1 branch to be able to
> compile digiKam with KDE 4.1... but Aaron Segio has reverted my changes.
> The binary compatibility in KDE 4.1 must be unchanged... So no way...

OK, I'm in a bind.

For fedora 10, I'd been planning on shipping kde4 versions of kipi-related apps, including: digikam, kipi-plugins, kphotoalbum

As had been previously suggested, we could backport libkexiv2, libkdcraw from trunk.

I'm open to suggestions and recommendations.  What would you prefer we shipped?

-- Rex

p.s.  perhaps I should have spoken up earlier and louder.  It was arguable to justify an exception for the abi break in kdegraphics-4.1.2