[Digikam-devel] Great work!

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat May 10 07:51:25 BST 2008

Hi Robin,

In  first, thanks to support digiKam.

As you is a developper, you will be happy to hear than a windows port
is planed for KDE4.

Currently, digiKam port to KDE4 is done, but all regression tests need
to be processed, and it take a while.

I can said than the native MACOSX port has be done by aother KDE
developper. digiKam compile and work under MAC as well.

For Windows, noboby is planed to do it. It will be done later than :

1/ Linux version will be finalized
2/ the KDELibs port to windows will be finalized (it's planed for KDE 4.1)

digiKam use KDELibs core and need it to run. Without that, digiKam
will never work under windows.

Like you is a developper, you can be interrested to polish the digiKam
code to compile and run under windows. It's not certainly a very hard
job. you need to check all shared libs in first:

- Exiv2 (already ported to windows)
- libQt4 (already ported to windows)
- libKdeLibs4 (port under progress)
- Gphoto2 (windows port can be uncomplete... i don't know)
- libkipi/libkexiv2/libkdcraw (not yet ported, but not very difficult to do)
- libksane (not yet ported, but planed by the author)
- all kipi-plugins (more difficult)
- digiKam (the last one)

Extra features can be available with the library :

- Lensfun (pure C++ lib. no idea about Windows port)
- KDEPImLibs (port is planed)
- LibsMarbleWidget (port under progress)

Thanks in advance for you help

Gilles Caulier