[Digikam-devel] View image blank

Jasper Aorangi jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 05:26:12 BST 2008

Bugzilla from marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de wrote:

>> Jasper,
>>
>> Marcel has fixed this problem into current implementation, but i
>> suspect than some troubles still in digiKam config file, especially
>> when you have used beta1. Rename your digikamrc setting file to *.old
>> (located in your ~/.kde4/share/config dir) and restart digiKam.
>>
>> Best
>>
>> GIlles Caulier
>
> My work on splitter was about the thumbbars, not the splitter in the
> preview
> view. I think this is the problem that the splitter state is loaded from a
> config file and results in the widgest being invisible, I dont know why.
> There have been several reports. We need to test if this occurs with a
> fresh
> installation, or is a residue from older KDE4 or KDE3 config files.
>
> Marcel

I have completely removed and rebuilt the latest from svn,
 With my old config (from digikam 0.10.0 months and months ago) the same
problem persists
 When removing my config and upon starting digikam using the existing
database and images path
 as-well-as when creating a new database and with different images path;
Digikam starts alright (scans for images etc),
 but only displays the welcome to digikam..new features... page. I can click
on albums etc. but no thumbnails appear. So cant tell whether I can 'view'
an image as no thumbs to click on.

Debian Unstable/Experimental
digikam 0.10.0 from svn