[Digikam-devel] 0.10.0-beta1 release tarball...

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sat Jul 5 21:18:47 BST 2008

Dnia Saturday 05 of July 2008, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> 2008/7/5 Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>:
> > Last report:
> >
> > It fails when building from svn tree with other applications. When
> > building on its own it compiles finely.
> >
> > But it doesn't start: lack of Qt SQLite plugin, installed and it says:
> >
> > digikam(13674): Root Album Path:  "/home/mikolaj/Imgs"
> > digikam(13674): Database Path:  "/home/mikolaj/Imgs"
> > digikam(13674): SchemaUpdater update
> > digikam: symbol lookup
> > error: /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.so: undefined
> > symbol: sqlite3_prepare16_v2
>
> sound like your Qt4 installation is broken. check your system.

OK. Compiled qt myself from qt-copy. Now it starts.

Aha. This is not tarball (sorry) but svn version.

Looks very good.

Some problems (in random order):

1. In image plugins there are no target image previews, only originals.
2. Panels are too wide.
3. How to perform Fuzzy Search? When I open tab Album are clears and
   don't know how to add image as a pattern.
4. When creating new Album there is still Collections input field.
5. When moving album by drag'n'drop looks like moved folder overwrites
   folder where it was moved on. Eg. when moving A to B, only A stays
   visible while it should create B->A hierarchy. On disk is everything
   OK and after restart hierarchy looks good.
6. Similar problem when deleting album, tree isn't refreshed
7. Cannot select images with mouse (drawing rectangle)
8. In advanced search "Remove group" doesn't look clickable.

Thats for now.

Overall very good impression. Visually new features (like Advanced
Search) are looking better than old, being designed from scratch for
Oxygen not only ported.

m.