[Digikam-devel] GPL3 or not...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:11:30 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Looking like KDE4 and Qt4 will be available under GPL version 3 in the
future, we need to study the case where digiKam + shared extragear libs +
kipi-plugins need to be moved from GPL2 to GPL3...

What do you need to do for that ? I suspect than all guy who are copyright
in source code need to be contacted about this change. Right ?

For me this is not a problem. All my code can be moved from GPL2 to GPL3...

In case where we still in GPL2, all shared libs used by digiKam will be
compatible ?

This is include only KDE4 code, not KDE3, If i'm right...

I'm waiting your comments...

Best