[Digikam-devel] Weird digikam_KDE3 bug

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Wed Dec 17 10:05:22 GMT 2008

Can nobody confirm this?
I just tested it again and the computer gets stuck again, I can not confirm
this with 0.9.4.
Please test this, some people use more than one collection in digiKam 0.9.x
and they might run in serious problems. It makes your computer absolutely
instable and I don't think this is good :-)

To reproduce:
1. make a backup, just for security reasons
2. get / compile latest digiKam for KDE3
3. create a new folder somewhere in your system (not under the current album
library path) and copy some images to it
4. start digiKam and enter this folder as your new album library path.
5. After digiKam has finished importing, close it.
6. restart digiKam, it gets stuck while displaying "Updating items without a
date" in the splashscreen.
7. restart your computer (because killing the slaves or digiKam doesn't work).

If only one other person can confirm this, we need to fix this immediately,
this is a serious problem and I never seen such a behavior from a normal
desktop application (at least killing the process always worked for me, but
in this case it isn't).
We can't deliver a digiKam stable version that acts in this way.

Andi