[Digikam-devel] Fwd: Printing in kde 4

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:57:50 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>
Date: 2008/12/2
Subject: Re: Printing in kde 4
To: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>

lunedì 01 dicembre 2008 alle 16:06, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> yes, sound like similar. To be clear, original KDE3 printing code been
> inspired from Kuickshow code plus later your personal code inspired from
> GWenview. Kuickshow has already ported to KDE4 here :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kuickshow/src/printing.h?revision=737039&view=markup

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kuickshow/src/printing.cpp?revision=888239&view=markup

That is what I/we have to do in digikam.

Unfortunately that can't solve our problem in printwizard :/

To udnderstand what i mean, you can consider the problem was already present
in kde3, e.g. we configure
things and pass to [K|Q]Printer data, that can be changed and can override
printwizard choices.
The right thing should be use Printer interface info into wizard. Imagine to
choose page size from QPrintDialog
and use it to choose printwizard layout page (for instance A4-> 8 photos per
page).
And that's why i'd like to know how to get setting changhes from
QPrintDialog or similar as soon as they are
changed.
But at the moment we have another issue, e.g. if i choose A6 (for instance)
from printwizard, and i set it
up on QPrintDialog, it is not shown, you see old settings. If you read (get
methods) data back, they seem to
be set, but not shown, and if you change anything on QPrintDialog you loose
your settings. I mean touch
margins for instance and you loose pagesize settings...

I will try to work on it as soon as possible, but i should move to my new
home in the next few weeks,
and that means i won't probably have either time or internet connection :/

Angelo