[Digikam-devel] IPTC

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 10:00:49 GMT 2008

2008/11/30 Andi Clemens <andi.clemens at gmx.net>

> Hi,
>
> somebody in IRC tried to remove IPTC tags, and it was not working. So I
> checked for myself and it is true: even in digiKam3 IPTC data can't be
> removed at the moment (Image->Metadata->Remove IPTC).
>
> Is it broken?
>
> Another note on splitter issue:
>
> Patrick asked why we use toBase64 here:
>
> http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam/albumwidgetstack.cpp#232
>
> Could this be the source of the problem?

Certainly... Perhaps this code is a side effect from KDE3 port. If we follow
Qt4 doc here:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qsplitter.html#restoreState

The code do not use base64 transformation... but we can read:

"A failure to restore the splitter's layout may result from either invalid
or out-of-date data in the supplied byte array."

What is it?

Gilles

PS: i fork this message in ML for better visibility