[Digikam-devel] IPTC

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 08:46:56 GMT 2008

2008/11/30 Andi Clemens <andi.clemens at gmx.net>

> Hi,
>
> somebody in IRC tried to remove IPTC tags, and it was not working. So I
> checked for myself and it is true: even in digiKam3 IPTC data can't be
> removed at the moment (Image->Metadata->Remove IPTC).
>
> Is it broken?

Which version of Exiv2 and libkexiv2. I think than current ibkexiv2 is fixed
(note: both KDE3 and KDE4)

If you use a stable libkexiv2, problem can be present. This is want mean
that libkexiv2 for KDE3 need to be released soon.

> Another note on splitter issue:
>
> Patrick asked why we use toBase64 here:
>
> http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam/albumwidgetstack.cpp#232
>
> Could this be the source of the problem?

yes, I have suspected that. If i'm not too wrong, i think MArcel as
interoduced this code, but i'm not sure. So, i cannot said why we use it
exactly...

> Also where are we saving the state of the left and right sidebar splitter?
> We only have 3 entries in digikamrc, shouldn't this be 5 at least?
>
> 1 for thumbbar splitter
> 2 for sidebar splitter in mainwindow
> 2 for sidebar splitter in imageeditor
>
> But there is only this method to save their states:
>
> http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/widgets/common/sidebar.cpp#433
>
> This method is the same for left and right, or isn't it? If so, isn't this
> wrong?

yes. code is factorized at this place.

I CC this mail to devel Mailing list for more visibility...