[Digikam-devel] (no subject)

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Aug 18 11:54:58 BST 2008

> On Wednesday 13 August 2008 21:36:38 gerhard at mail.morbitzer.de wrote:
> > I have a problem with 0.10b3 where digikam is innocent:
> > I use btrfs 0.16 (linux equivalent of zfs) for my /home. btrfs is not yet
> > supported by volume-id0, so the UUID is not detected by the system and
> > digikam. And digikam 0.10 doesn't work with my image folder as it stores
> > the UUID in the DB collection path, 0.9.5 works perfectly.
> >
> > Is there any trick to convince digikam to accept my drive?
> >
> > Gerhard
>
> I found a solution to my problem. Marcel has built-in three different ways
> of uniquely identifying a collection
> - uuid
> - path
> - hash on root folder (for CD/DVD)
>
> The solution in my case is:
> - to have a backup of digikam4db (otherwise as soon as you open digikam the
> DB wil be corrupted with the new uuid-less drive)
> - to open digikam4.db and change in the AlbumRoots the Identifier from
> volumeid:?uuid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  to  volumeid:?path=/home (if
> /home is the the volume of the uuid-less drive.
> - that's it, start digikam 0.10 and all is there.

We have definitely to solve this in code, so that a path identifier is used if
the uuid is invalid. These are just situations that have never been tested. I
will look at t he code, where something may go wrong and probably ask you
some questions when I find some time. Currently I'm in Sydney and need to see
the city :-)

Btw, similar problems may occur when someone starts to use network file
systems as album roots. There are still some open ends and it needs testing.

Marcel