[Digikam-devel] (no subject)

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 04:27:19 BST 2008

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 21:36:38 gerhard at mail.morbitzer.de wrote:
> I have a problem with 0.10b3 where digikam is innocent:
> I use btrfs 0.16 (linux equivalent of zfs) for my /home. btrfs is not yet
> supported by volume-id0, so the UUID is not detected by the system and
> digikam. And digikam 0.10 doesn't work with my image folder as it stores
> the UUID in the DB collection path, 0.9.5 works perfectly.
>
> Is there any trick to convince digikam to accept my drive?
>
> Gerhard

I found a solution to my problem. Marcel has built-in three different ways of
uniquely identifying a collection
- uuid
- path
- hash on root folder (for CD/DVD)

The solution in my case is:
- to have a backup of digikam4db (otherwise as soon as you open digikam the DB
wil be corrupted with the new uuid-less drive)
- to open digikam4.db and change in the AlbumRoots the Identifier from
volumeid:?uuid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  to  volumeid:?path=/home (if /home
is the the volume of the uuid-less drive.
- that's it, start digikam 0.10 and all is there.

I have to include this in the documentation

Gerhard