[Digikam-devel] branches/extragear/kde3/graphics/digikam/utilities/imageeditor/rawimport

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Aug 11 22:57:28 BST 2008

Dnia Monday 11 of August 2008, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> SVN commit 845390 by cgilles:
>
> Raw Import tool :
> - Separate preview and settings implementation from dialog. In fact the
> dialog will deseapear and editor will support a widget stack mechanism
> to display canvas view or tool preview. This will include all image
> plugins (but it's not yet done.)!

As I am writing this it looks like it is almost done. There are rough
edges but will not comment on that because don't know if this is on
"commentable" level or not.

> Note than the settings will be hosted
> by a new right sidebar tab which will be visible only when the tool
> running. This moc-up is similar than Risto paper. I'm sure than Mik will
> be very impatient to test it (:=)))

:)

> -Add Lineary adjustmant using curve widget (as UFRAW).

Doesn't work :( (svn 845503)
Widget is there, I can play with curve but without effects.

> Please, let's me more free time...

Sure, take your time :) You are doing excellent work.

Since RAW import dialog itself is almost complete I will allow myself
for some remarks ;)

- not clear way for zoom. Ctrl-MouseWheel works but definitely not
  enough - especially no way to set 1:1 zoom factor
- cannot abandon action and return to Album view, have to import with
  default settings and close editor window to return there; should be
  Cancel action which will return user directly to main window
- most RAW import tools I know use E.V. for exposure correction - 99% of
  users will expect that somewhere
- some way to save settings and use those profiles to import other
  photos?
- even when imported with 16-bit checkbox unchecked Properties in image
  editor shows that image as 48 bpp - but when saved as tiff (without
  any other settings changed) this is regular 24 bpp image. I understand
  this is because in IE this is still 48 bpp RAW image it will be only
  later exported with 24 bpp depth - but this is misleading.
- I have FujiCCD - when I select 'don't stretch or rotate pixels'
  preview is OK (rotated 45 degrees), but imported is rotated image.

m.