[Digikam-devel] KDE4 KDoubleNumInput -> QDoubleSpinBox ???

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 13:34:18 BST 2008

2008/4/22, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhardkgmx at gmail.com>:
> All KDoubleNumInput sliders that require sub-integer steps are not working anymore in KDE4 because KDoubleNumInput does not allow for it. That means that most of the plugin sliders are useless.
>
>  QDoubleSpinBox would be the adequate replacement allowing 0.01 steps in my (uninformed) eyes. If that is the solution, tell me, I could the replacement whereever needed.

Yes, i have seen few dysfunction in WB plugin.

For a simple KDoubleNumInput which not use a slider, yes, it can be
done. But in other case, QDoubleSpinBox do not provide a slider and
cannot be used instead...

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qdoublespinbox.html

But there is no reason that KDoubleNumInput doesn't work. Look KDE api doc :

http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKDoubleNumInput.html

" The slider is created only when the user specifies a range for the
control using the setRange function with the slider parameter set to
"true"."

Perhaps it's the problem in my KDE4 port ?