[Digikam-devel] Some issues in i18n strings

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:33:23 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm working to update the french translation of digiKam and I have the
following issues :

1) utilities/cameragui/cameraui.cpp:259
QWhatsThis::add( d->advBox, i18n("<p>Set how digiKam will rename file
files as they are downloaded."));

I guess it should just be "...will rename files as..."

2)  utilities/lighttable/lighttablebar.cpp:183

popmenu.insertItem(SmallIcon("fileclose"), i18n("Remove"), 13);

This is what you get when you right click on one item in the thumbar.
The problem here is that this word is generic and automatically
translated in french with "Supprimer".
This is confusing as people may think the picture will be deleted. I
would prefer to use "Enlever" (this is what I have in the menus).
So, I suggest we replace "Remove" by "Remove item" so that I can
translate it correctly :)

If it's ok for you, I'll commit the changes...

--
Fabien