[Digikam-devel] IPTC => XMP

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 19:38:16 BST 2007

Andreas,

Revision #725474 of this document is already fixed in this way following
tips from Mik.

http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/extragear/libs/kipi-plugins/metadataedit/IPTCLIST.ODS?revision=725474

See below :

2007/10/15, Andreas Huggel <ahuggel at gmx.net>:

> Gilles,
>
> Here are some comments to your document. Since I am more concerned with
> the formal aspects of the metadata, they may not be particularly
> useful. I used the IPTC core XMP schema specs as a basis.
>
> Tab Content:
>
> Caption: Xmp.dc.description is a language alternative, i.e., digikam can
> set the language of the caption, or allow the user to specify the
> language or even allow for multiple captions in different languages.
> One of them can be the default. (The same goes for all other properties
> which are defined as language alternatives of course)

yes. Current dialog is based on IPTC/IIM editor not XMP. This is why
multiple language description do not exist yet. of course, i will based the
new XMP editor dialog on IPTC/IIM plus few improvements duing XMP new
features. Lang-alt is one of this.

Note : new digiKam Database schema will include multiple comments from
different authors and language. This will come with 0.10.0 release dedicaced
to KDE4

Tab Origin:

> Creation date: The IPTC core XMP standard suggests to default this to
> the corresponding Exif timestamp

Yes, i have thinking about, but i would not touch Xmp.exif info  by default
and only dc, iptc, photoshop. It still in my todo.

Location: There is an Xmp.iptc.Location property. Not sure if it is
> suitable.

Xmp.iptc.Location is not dedicaced to remplace
Iptc.Application2.SubLocationand not
Iptc.Application2.LocactionName/LocationCode ? Look on new revision on
document. I have annoted Iptc.Application2.LocactionName/LocationCode as
obsolete... It's fine ?

Tab Credits:

> Contact: There is an Xmp.iptc.CreatorContactInfo property and subfields
> Ci* which may be suitable for this.

==> already fixed in new document.

Tab Properties:

> Release date/time: There is an XMP property Xmp.xmpDM.releaseDate, maybe
> it can be used

Right. I have not take a care about xmpDM space.

And about expiratoin date, there is an XMP alternative ?