[Digikam-devel] IPTC => XMP

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 14:15:31 BST 2007

Andreas, Marcel,

I have finalized the new IPTC/IMM metadata editor from kipi-plugin. 90% of
all IPTC/IIM tags are now supported.

It's time to study the new XMP metadata editor. I will base the future code
from IPTC/IIM editor to support all IPTC4XMP tags.

I have writen an openoffice document where the IPTC/IIM editor dialog pages
are described with all IPTC/IIM tags supported and the XMP tags associed. I
have based the research using all papers provided by www.iptc.org and Adobe
Xmp paper.

A lots of IPTC tags are identified as XMP or not (obsolete). Few one are in
unknow... because i have a doubt or i have not found the corresponding entry
in XMP papers.

My openoffice document is here :
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/libs/kipi-plugins/metadataedit/IPTCLIST.ODS?view=log

Please take a look and give me your viewpoint if all IPTC/IIM => XMP map are
rights.

Thanks in advance