[Digikam-devel] Working environment

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:09:00 GMT 2007

Hi Pawel,

2007/11/21, Paweł Marciniak <pave at o2.pl>:

> Hi,
>
> I remember that I once came across a post/article that told how to
> configure
> kdevelop for hacking digiKam. I cannot find it anymore, do any of you
> remember where it was and could point me there?

... don't know this article...

I would like to setup kdevelop and environment variables so that I can
> run/debug digiKam or kipi-plugins directly from kdevelop, without the need
> to run make install.

You can debug digiKam directly in Kdevelop just after recompiling. But for
plugins, if you recompile one tool, you need to re-install it. No other way.

I use Kdevelop everytime to hack and code... Just use my Kdevelop project on
digikam/project folder... That all..

If you is interressed to more contribute to digiKam, i recommend you to join
us on #digikam IRC channel (freenode.net server). We are generally online on
the evening (Europe time).

Also, like Arnd do, you can ask an account to KDE svn to commits your patch
after validation by me or Marcel. I work like this Arnd, who learn (very
fast) Qt/KDE development.

We need more and more contributor. KDE4 port is not yet complete and delayed
to june 2008 (KDE4.1), and all help to maintain KDE3 branch is very
appreciate.

I guide and help contributors who want to add new important features on KDE3
branch. But i'm focalized on KDE4 port and i backport all KDE3 fix to
KDE4...

Best