[Digikam-devel] Menu entries for Go To?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:35:55 GMT 2007

2007/11/1, Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>:

> Dnia Thursday 01 of November 2007, Arnd Baecker napisaƂ:
> > Hi Mikolaj,
> >
> > this is in particular a question for you
> > which we discussed on the IRC yesterday:
> >
> > Now that in current svn there is a right-mouse-click popup
> > with the Go To functionality,
> > the question is, whether a corresponding Go To sub menu should
> > be added to the Main Image menu of the Album GUI.
>
> Yes. All actions from context menu should be also accessible from main
> menu.

Fine. For me too.

Mik, if possible, i would to see you in #digikam irc channel to be able to
talk about us about future of digiKam. Also, few users are in this room and
give feedback directly by chat. This can be interresing...

> If yes, I am not sure about the current settings of the separator lines:
> > Wouldn't it be better to have:
> >   view
> >   edit
> >   Place onto lightable
> >   Add to lightable
> >   Go To
> >   ------
> >   Adjust Exif orientation tag
> >   Auto Rotate/Flip using Exif information
> >   Rotate
> >   Flip
> >   ------
> >   Convert to black and white
>
> Looks  good. BTW - were are origins of B&W conversions?

kipi-plugins, jpeglossless especially.

If kipi it
> should go to batch menu, if it is digiKam native IMO it should go away.
> IE has much better conversion, PLUS this operation is impossible to
> revert - such actions should vanish.

Well, this is an old subject alreday discuted in kde-imaging mailing list.
Like it's a common kipi-plugin witch provide these action (with rotation and
flip), this is not possible to separate it. Kipi-plugins is not xmlgui like
framework. And yes, this is another subject too, reported in B.K.O.

So we let as well for this moment. When we will port kipi to xmlgui, i will
revamp all plugin actions.

GIlles