[Digikam-devel] Comments on Light Table

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sat May 26 08:45:46 BST 2007

Dnia sobota 26 maj 2007, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> > the only thing I didn't like is that the navigation between the
> >
> > > images is kind of difficult/strange... I only tested it for a few
> > > minutes, so
> > > I guess you could get used to it. but at least to me it seems to be
> > > somewhat
> > > difficult to use.
> >
> > Hum, are you tested to use Drag & drop between thumbbar and preview
> > panels ?
>
> Luis,
>
> i have added a new option in Light Table setup to load automaticly the
> selected image from thumbbar into the right panel.
>
> Like this, you set an picture to Left panel (CTRL+L), and you navigate
> between the rest of thumbbar content using PAGE UP/DOWN. The selected
> item on thummbar is automaticly  loaded on right panel and the left
> panel do not change. Comparison sound more easy like this.
>
> This option is set on by default and just go to digiKam config dialog to
> disable it.
>
> Please check out svn and give me your feedback. Thanks in advance...

Works very nice, still few comments:

1. When opening LT only one image (first) is loaded in right panel. Left
   panel is left empty. There should be: 1st image in left panel, 2nd
   image in right panel.
2. With keyboard navigation it isn't possible to place the same panel in
   both panels. Example: I have 4 images in LT; in left panel is second,
   in right panel is first. I press PageDown. Highlight in thumbbar goes
   to second image but image in right panel wasn't changed, it is still
   first image. Only after next PageDown highlighting in thumbbar is
   going to 3rd image and image in right panel is replaced. Well, this
   blockade has some merits but breaking some fluency. I would propose
   or remove this blockade or add small feature: PageDown/PageUp
   wrapping around list of images in thumbbar. That means: when PageDown
   is used on last image in thumbbar it goes to first image.

Wonderful work.

m.