[Digikam-devel] Comments on Light Table

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu May 24 20:51:43 BST 2007

Dnia czwartek 24 maj 2007, Luis De la Parra napisaƂ:
> I think Digikam as a photo management and photo-editor is a very very
> very powerful application, and I really like it. and I think it has
> pretty much all features I want (at least the big part of them =), but
> some actions just "take too long":
> *rating is too difficult (submenu in popup-menu), or just one click on
> the sidebar, but then you don't see the metadata.
Ctrl-1 ... Ctrl-5

> *if you want to see exif AND iptc, it takes at least two clicks.

There is no possibility to see all metadata at the same time. Too many
information.

You can switch between sub-panels of Metadata panel with accelerators,
For me it is Alt-E for EXIF and Alt-I for IPTC. Keyboard navigation
through panels would be good thing, though.

> *the editor is very powerful, but the most-used options should probaby
> be available on a panel and not only on the menu. one of the items in my
> whish-list is cropping and small rotation (horizon correction) directly
> on the image and not trough a dialog in the menu. (cropping is 'almost'
> there.. it's only missing "doulbe click on the selected area to commit
> the crop". clicking and dragging up/down to rotate the photo a few
> degrees is still missing.

I wonder it it could be "fixed" with some cheating: when opening
imageplugin dialog "glue" it to IE window. No possibility to resize only
IP or close it. The same size etc.

m.