[Digikam-devel] quick search?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Mar 9 09:00:47 GMT 2007

Hi,

maybe a stupid question, but what is the quick search good for?

More explicitly: the quick search leads to a separate window
in which the thumbs matching a keyword are displayed.
And that's it, there is no way to go to the folder of any
of the found images, or to display it in the image editor.
So to me it seems, that after a quick search,
only saving this as a search makes sense.

Moreover: it was not clear to me, what the quick search is really
searching
for ;-). Converting it into an advanced search reveals that
it is the "keyword" which is searched for.

As in my case this lead to images with the corresponding string
in the tag name I was about to suggest to completely remove the
quick search.
However, I am not sure how to replace it properly,
would a simple text-entry-box in the searches side-bar do the job?

Just some Friday-morning thoughts - any comments?

Best, Arnd