[Digikam-devel] Disk full due to showfoto

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Sat Mar 3 04:30:46 GMT 2007

Am Friday 02 March 2007 schrieb Heiner Lamprecht:
> On Freitag, 2. März 2007, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > These tmp files are duing to undo operations in editor, and of
> > course are cleaned at end of showfoto session normally. If you
> > clean up manually these files, and you try again to use showfoto
> > with some operation to undo over a pictures, files are properlly
> > cleaned ?
> >
> > Witch version you use ?
>
> I use more or less current svn versions.  The timestamps of the
> files were between 09/2006 and 02/2007, but they are only from few
> particular days.
>
> > Where are located these files in your computer ?
>
> /var/tmp/kdecache-heiner/showfoto
>
> I will monitor the directory in the next days or weeks.  Maybe I can
> find something.
>

>     Heiner

I know this problem which also exists for digikam itself. The junk files are
due to crashes of the application. In that case the undo files are not
removed and accumulate. I actually have a fcron job running to empty those
directories every night.

I think it would be good if at application launch time there would be an
automatic cleanup.

Gerhard

--
Hakuna matata