[Digikam-devel] digikam 0.9.2 freshmeat and linuxfr

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:12:39 BST 2007

2007/6/27, Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net>:

> Am Wednesday 27 June 2007 um 10:54:40 schrieb Fabien:
> > Hi,
> Hi,
> >
> > Yesterday evening, I posted an a news in linuxfr and freshmeat about the
> > new version.
>
> What about dot.kde.org?

AAAAAAhhhhhhh!!!!! the famous dot.kde.org !!!

well, since a long time i can said than dot.kde.org do not promote digiKam
like it can do with KDE4 features, amarock, K3b, Koffice, etc... Of course,
dot.kde.org is really a good place to read new technologies and programs
othed by KDE

The advantage of dot.kde.org for developpers is than all informations are
already present to start thread on commits review. The didgest writer just
take a look where there is an high activity in svn...

And about digikam, the activity is not NULL !

I have never see a message about the new Light Table for ex. I'm not a very
good English writter, but i'm trying to give the essential informations when
i commit on svn, especially with url to screenshots hosted by
digikam3rdparty.free.fr space.

I suspect than dot.kde.org coordinator _ignore_ digiKam as well... Perhaps
they don't use or don't care. For me it's a shame.

If you is not really convinced, just take a look in commit stats archive :

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-06-24/statistics/
http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-06-17/statistics/
http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-06-10/statistics/
http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-06-03/statistics/
http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-05-27/statistics/

... I'm always on the top list of commiters. This will be enough to ping
diggest writter about digiKam activity. No ?

... or perhaps i'm wrong and everybody don't care about digiKam project...

Another point : I have tried to write an announce at 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 beta
release in the pass. I have recieve a negative response. The reason : you
can only post final release announce on dot.kde.org...

this is completly STUPID. We need help (test, bug reports, patch, etc) to
finalize digiKam before the final release, not after...

To resume : do not ask me to write something for dot.kde.org... If somebody
want do it, well fell free, but personally, i have no time to lost...

Gilles (who back to port digiKam under KDE4 (:=))))