[Digikam-devel] Favorable reviwe of digiKam in German c't magazine

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sun Jun 24 18:13:54 BST 2007

> I'm not German guy, and i don't under article... But i think there is a
> error :
>
> Article10.jpg ==> BildBearbeitung/Tonen/sepia ==> of course digiKam support
> Sepia conversion thrue editor...
>

> Gilles

First, thanks Gerald,

as the c't makes quite hard but fair reviews the digikam team can be really
proud with this test result and notes

There is another error in the table:
digikams auto correction tool is not only based on colors but also on contrast
and brightness.

I'm not sure about the virtual folder remark ("only based on searching" ), as
IMHO date view, tag view are also kind of virtual folders but I don't know
what the definition here is.

There is one interesting point in the text:
Why the functions of the the cam photo importer are not available for import
photos from folder so that features like exif rotation or automatically
setting IPTC labels can also be used there.

They also missed searching on EXIF or IPTC data.

A weak point of the whole test is the missing advanced stuff like 16 bit color
or CMS so the focus is more on the casual JPEG use case.

Bye

  Thorsten