[Digikam-devel] Future plans : 0.9.2-final and KDE4 port...

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:49:23 BST 2007

Hi everyone,
      Just when I was thinking of starting a new thread in respect to
Kipi-plugin under developement by me, I came to see this post. I think its
relevant to ask my question in this thread.

This in regards to QT 3.3's limitation of not allowing HTTPS post needed for
a new. QT 4.3 has support for HTTPS connection and so HTTPS post. My plugin
is nearly done but I would like to use HTTPS connection for authentication
purposes instead of HTTP post (both are allowed by the website, the post URL
being an HTTPS one)

I see that kipi-plugins have started porting to KDE 4. Though none of the
host application have done such a port. Doesn't this make the current
development build of kipi unusable with host apps ? I have been stricktly
using QT 3.3 for this fear. Should I just go ahead and start using QT 4,
libraries and APIs ? [Is it okay to have a different QT library used for
building libkipi, kipiplugins and another for Digikam ?]

Another question: Is there any other way, I can use QT 3.3 and get the https
post functionality i.e by using another C++/C library just for HTTPS
connection ? Does KDE have any extra support for https post (I have been
using transferJob with http_post for http post and couldn't find any
https_post method.)

Vardhman

Blogs: http://vardhman.blogspot.com