[Digikam-devel] Future plans : 0.9.2-final and KDE4 port...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:11:27 BST 2007

2007/6/13, Achim Bohnet <ach at mpe.mpg.de>:

> On Tuesday, 12. June 2007, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

> this
> libkdcraw...

> > > hmm, the problem is that often i see that digikam has been released
> and
> > > then i know it. Maybe in a case like this one we can talk, also in
> private,
> > > to get the related libraries released first ;)
> > >
> > > Ok, if you can wait for a day more, tonight i can release new
> libkdcraw
> > > tonight and maybe a kipi-plugins rc1(?) beta2(?), I would have liked
> the
> > > rc1 to get final ready for the next week, but i haven't got the time
> to see
> > > the state of bugs by now, and it depends on docs status anyway....
> > >
> > > Is it ok for you?
> > >
> > > Angelo
> >
> > Can you give me a release hour for libkdcraw tomorrow? Then I can sync
> 0.9.2
> > final with it.
>
> Hi Gerhard,
>
> Angelo and me tried to get the tarball ready but did not finish.
>
> The problems were/are:
>
> 1) kdcraw binary needs to be installed into
> $prefix/lib/libkdcraw<abi-major>/kdcraw
>    so libkdcraw0 and libkdraw1 can be installed in parallel  (fixed with
> commit:
>    674731)  See also:
> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLIBRARIESFORPROGRAMMINGANDPA
>
> 2) libkdcraw.mo files need to be installed as libkdcraw<abi-major>.mo.
> Again to
>    allow libkdcraw0 and libkdraw1 installations at the same time.
>
>    @Gilles: how are the translations loaded?  There no insertCatalog like
> in the
>    old libkexif lib.

Right ...

Note this problem exist too about libkipi witch include translation
strings... About libkexiv2, there is no translations file... It's a pure low
level C++ interface.

Well, this can be a problem with translations from libkdcraw and likipi. I'm
so surprised than nobody have never reported this problem before...

If i take a look in branches/extragear/kde3/graphics, i can see than no kipi
host program includes libkipi catalog for example (gwenview, kphotoalbum,
showimg).

I can see only this line on digikam/digikam/main.cpp:

KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalogue("kipiplugins");

So my question is simple : has we need to have an insert catalog for libkipi
and libkdcraw in kipi hosts ?