[Digikam-devel] Future plans : 0.9.2-final and KDE4 port...

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Jun 12 11:57:41 BST 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> 2007/6/12, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>:
> >
> > On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> >
> > > DIGIKAM 0.9.3 RELEASE:
> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > The future KDE3 digiKam release will be a bugfix release. No new
> > features
> > > will be added. The code will still into
> > > branches/extragear/kde3/graphics/digikam.
> >
> > Hmm, this would mean, that nothing new
> > (no wishes from the B.K.O. etc.) can be added until
> > the KDE4 port of digikam is operational (Sept 2007)?
> >
> > ((I understand the reasoning behind it, but it might also
> > block people from contributing ...))
>

> Well, if new features are added to KDE3 branches, it must be backported to
> KDE4 too. Do you understand the problem : it's a double job witch can
> introduce bugs (:=)))

I perfectly understand - and it is more work.

> This can be done for small features of course, easily backportable between
> branches...

Alright.

Should one try to get as many bugs fixed before the KDE4 branch
gets active?

For example, there are a couple of B.K.O. entries (27 in total)
which appear to contain a patch.
Should I have a look at all of them and report if I think it is
worth that an expert has a look?

Best, Arnd