[Digikam-devel] holidays time...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 16:28:49 BST 2007

2007/7/27, Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > It's holidays time for me. I will offline during 3 weeks until 20
> august.
> > After a fast and intensive job to port digiKAm to KDE4. I need to be
> > disconnected of the world during this period : no computer, no internet,
> no
> > tv, no phone.
> >
> > Only me, my familly, and my camera...
>
> I wish you a very nice time!

Thanks Marcel...

I will try that digikam on KDE4 has less bugs when you return ;-)

Fine. 2 situations where digiKam crash :

1/ Remove "digikam3.db" file. Restart digiKam ==> crash...
2/ In image editor, use corner widget to pan picture. When button is
released sometimes it crash.

Yesterday on IRC we missed by a few minutes unfortunately. But I think
> nothing
> is really urgent to talk about.
> I will go and read something about nepomuk/strigi apps, the latest mail
> from
> Sebastian Trüg is a better proposal for a smooth transition (for all
> others
> on the list: current suggestion is that digikam provides all data to
> nepomuk,
> but that the internal db is not replaced, and we will toy with it, get
> acquainted and see what it can do)
> Anyway, top priority is the KDE4 port. Features can come after all is
> settled
> down.

ok. Thanks

Gilles (from a Cyber Café at Sables d'Olonnes)