[Digikam-devel] digiKam portability under MACOSX and Win32 : removing all X11 depencies

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:26:15 BST 2007

Hi all,

This is another tiedous job to do with KDE4/QT4 port : make digiKam fully
portable under MacosX and Win32 (in native of course, without using X11
server).

The last dummy non portable depency which exists yet under digiKam
implementation is about X11. yesterday, I have removed the first one into
themeengine, and today all keyboard modifiers handling with drag & drop.

In fact, the fix been simple to do with Qt4, but still complex to do using
Qt3 (in fact with this last one, we don't care about portability).

With Qt4, QDropEvent provide a new method to handle keyboard modifiers :

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qdropevent.html#keyboardModifiers

...which can be used instead all X11 methods call...

Normally, now digiKam from trunk can be compiled as well under MACOS-X and
WIN32... All others depencies to shared libraries are already portable :

- kde4libs
- qt4libs
- Exiv2
- libkexiv2
- libkipi
- libkdcraw
- libpng
- libjpeg
- libtiff
- libjasper
- libsqlite

Of course, you need to install all these shared libraries under the target
system before to try to compile digiKam... and of course when i said all
shared libs, this include all development files (.h headers files)

Tests are require... Any volumters in this room ?

Gilles

PS : Marcel, I have try drag & drop with KDE4 port and Copy/Move an item
from an album to another one do nothing. Why ?