[Digikam-devel] How to apply changes in digikams IPTC settings to all tagged photos?

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Jan 26 11:04:57 GMT 2007

Le Jeudi 25 Janvier 2007 22:37, Marcel Wiesweg a écrit :
> As to your other mail, I will find some time at the weekend to remove the
> dialog and add a progress bar. It's really better, I agree.

A patch to do it is here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/commentstagsprogress.patch

This one include to run a progress bar on the top of sidebar when :

- Apply button is pressed
- More button options are used.

TODO : handle Tags drag & drop.

...but, there is a problem with this solution...

We need to fix all DMetadata call everywhere in digiKam to used MetadataHub
instead. This not yet done for example with all Drag and drop actions from
others sidebar (TagsFilter for example)

... and we need to give a progress feedback everywhere, because metadata to
write in pictures can take a while with huge selection.

I think than an ultimate solution is to use a _Status Bar_ on the bottom of
Album gui.

What do you think about ?

Nota : Image editor is not affected here because it work only on a single
image.