[Digikam-devel] How to apply changes in digikams IPTC settings to all tagged photos?

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Jan 25 14:23:31 GMT 2007

Le mercredi 24 janvier 2007 22:27, Marcel Wiesweg a écrit :
> > > Yes I will add that if more than one, two?, five? images are selected
> >
> > Well, if you only show the progress dialog if you have more than 10
> > pictures selected (for example) and you don't show it with 9 pictures,
> > the users will be confused... and certainly an Usability report will do
> > in B.K.O. I recommend you to :
> >
> > - not show the dialog if one image is selected.
> > - show the dialog if more than one image is selected.
> >
> > ... and we will see the users feedback after beta1.
>
> Ok, I will do it.

Ok i have seen your implementation.

Something is wrong about behaviour of Comments & Tags with multiple
selections :

- If you use "More" button options, the Batch dialog appears. it fine.
- If you use "Apply" button nothing appear. It trouble me (:=)))
- If you D&D Tags from side bar to image selection nothing appear. It trouble
me again...

This is my proposal with Comment & Tags :

- Forget Batch dialog.
- Add a small (like IE loading/Save progress bar) and hidden progress bar in
the top of side bar, just under the title "Editing n pictures". You just need
to add the progress bar to the layout hosted by the QWidgetStack
- When "Apply" button or "More" button or D&D are used, show the progress bar
during processing.
- When process is complete, hide the progress bar.

What do you think about ?