[Digikam-devel] About welcome page

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:57:32 GMT 2007

Hi,

The Welcome screen (when no album/no tag is selected) is nice, but I
wonder if it won't be a bit confusing, espcially when the left sidebar
is hidden.

Would it be possible to have 2 differents welcome messages ?
Maybe we could keep it + add informations about specific situation :

1) In albums :
Add a few lines of bla-bla explaining the basics of albums :
<<
Choose an album on the left or create a new one. You can.....
Click on Albums to display the left sidebar...

2) Tags :
Idem

<<
Tags allow you to...
Click on Tags to display the left sidebar...

Yes, I know, you may think it's a bit redundant with the documentation
or "tips of the day".
Maybe, at least there could be one line saying "choose/create an album
in the left sidebar" / "choose/create a tag in the left sidebar".

What's your opinion ?

--
Fabien