[Digikam-devel] Digikam menu usability improvements

Frank Siegert hugelmopf at web.de
Wed Jan 24 08:05:15 GMT 2007

Hi Luka,

Luka Renko wrote:
> Similar one would also be moving Slideshow to View menu - see [3]. I would
> really like to here if there are any objections to change this.

That is an issue, which I also wanted to quickly solve during the weekend,
but it is a bit more difficult, then it sounds. All kipi plugins come with
a "KIPI::Category", by which the host application decides, where to place
them in the menu. Unfortunately there is nothing like a "view" category. So
one would have to extend that category list (which probably also needs
discussion in kde-imaging), and then enable digikam to use that category.

But I agree, that it should be done.

--
Frank