[Digikam-devel] How to apply changes in digikams IPTC settings to all tagged photos?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Jan 23 09:02:29 GMT 2007

On Monday 22 January 2007 21:20, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Hey guy !
>
> The new Batch tool to sync all pictures metadata with digiKam database is
> in svn (:=)))...
>
> Please test it and give me a feedback.

Good morning,

I'd like to, but I havn't tested the batch tool yet because it is not clear to
me what it is intended to do...

Can I please have a description of the intended functions, so that I can test
if it does what it should? (Sorry if I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but I
don't want to eventually report "errors" which maybe in fact are intended
features :-) )

How and what does it sync? Does it...
- write all IPTC/EXIF info into the database?
- or write all infos from the database into IPTC/EXIF?
- add database content to IPTC/EXIF (or vice versa?)?
- or overwrite the existing?
- remove (for example) keywords from IPTC/EXIF if not tagged in database (or
vice versa?)?
- etc?

thanks,

Daniel